Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
What is Maxillofacial?
OMF surgery is special in the requirement for dual medical and dental skills, and is also used as the bridge between medicine and dentistry. It provides treatment of diseases affecting the mouth, jaws, face and neck.
Maxillofacial surgery treats conditions such as;
- Head and neck cancers
- Salivary gland diseases
- Facial disproportion
- Facial pain
- Impacted teeth
- Cysts and tumours of the jaws.
Treatments that an oral surgeon can perform are denture fittings, dental crowns, root canals and impacted wisdom tooth extraction. Maxillofacial surgery is more advanced version of oral surgery because a maxillofacial surgeon can do everything an oral surgeon can do.
A lot of them are carried out in local anesthesia but more complexed operations may require general anesthesia.
For diagnostic methods, traditional radiological examinations such as x-rays are used, as well as advanced techniques supported by tomography and obtaining a three-dimensional bone model of the patient. In this way, the definitive diagnosis can be made before the operation and the operation plan can be made exactly.
For more information, or if you think you may need oral & maxillofacial surgery, please contact our specialists.
Treatment or Holiday? Why not Both!
- Consultation With The Dentist ToPrepare Your Dental Treatment
- Panaromic x-ray
- Volumetric Tomography
- Pick up Services (Airport-Clinic-Hotel)
- Hotel Accommodation (Valid for full package)
- Temporary Crowns For The Duration Of Your Treatment
- Needle-Free Injection Anesthesia
- Free Boat-trip every Tuesday (in case of good weather conditions)
- Free Turkish Hamam every Friday