Dental prosthesis definition
Prosthesis is the dental area in which artificial teeth are positioned rather than missing teeth. According to the number of missing teeth, fixed or moving prostheses are produced.
Over the years, people wear food, chew, swallow and at night, for some reason, as a result of teeth grinding, teeth wear at different rates. In addition, caries and accidental fractures occur in some parts of the teeth. In such cases, the lost structures of the teeth are replaced by a prosthesis called Kuron. Prosthetic teeth is one of the treatment options that you can get from our dentists in Turkey.
Types of Dental Prosthesis
- Dental implants
- Dental prosthesis crowns for single tooth
- Bridge prosthesis for multiple teeth
- Dental prosthesis veneers for missing teeth
One of the prosthetic teeth option is removable ones. They are reversible dental techniques that the patient can remove when it is not necessary to use them. For patients who do not desire to undergo dental surgery to restore their damaged teeth, many dentists encourage the use of removable dental prosthesis, but will definitely benefit from this particular reconstruction.
Advantages of Dental Prosthesis;
- Improved chewing abilities
- Maintaining muscle tone
- Improved speaking ability
- Pronouncing words better
- A boost in self-esteem
The other prosthetic teeth option is fixed ones. They are referred to as fixed because they are permanently mounted, which means that they can not be removed, bonded to the natural teeth. They can be made for a single tooth (crown) or multiple teeth (bridge).
Advantages of fixed prosthesis (crowns and bridges);
- Excellent appearance
- Perfect to restore function and aesthetics
- Corrects deviations and imperfections
Dental prosthesis cleaning should be done like a regular dental care because they serve as your new teeth. That is why you should brush and clean your teeth with a floss every day.
NOTE: You should discuss your specific goals and needs with your dentist about what is best for you as a treatment. If you consider to travel Turkey for veneers, dental implants or any other procedures, please contact us to get more information.
Treatment or Holiday? Why not Both!
- Consultation With The Dentist ToPrepare Your Dental Treatment
- Panaromic x-ray
- Volumetric Tomography
- Pick up Services (Airport-Clinic-Hotel)
- Hotel Accommodation (Valid for full package)
- Temporary Crowns For The Duration Of Your Treatment
- Needle-Free Injection Anesthesia
- Free Boat-trip every Tuesday (in case of good weather conditions)
- Free Turkish Hamam every Friday